Monday, January 4, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of writing

The ironic truth about me being an aspiring author is that I don't like to write. I only like to have written. Past tense. But this year my New Year's resolutions are to keep my New Year's resolutions and to write. And, oh yeah. Kill my inner critic. Afterall, if Stephenie Meyer can make the New York Times bestseller list then why can't I write a little blog? I'm a stay-at-home mom too. I have dreams too. Although mine don't usually feature sparkling vampires.

But that's beside the point. In keeping with my resolution I created this blog. I wasted all the time I could justify on finding a blog name that wasn't taken, previewing every template twice, and choosing fonts and colors as scrupulously as a bride picking her gown.

Now to attract some readers... I suppose all I need to do to pop-up in Google searches is shamelessly drop words like Robert Pattinson, New Moon, work from home, Tiger Woods, and playoff tickets. Heh heh.

Maybe I'll even attract a few followers. (That's you, Mom and DH.) But if you're not my Mom or my DH, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment